Effective date: August 10st, 2022
MikaKnows.Com is the publisher and operator (referred to as the “Company”, “we”, “our” or “us”) of the MikaKnows website, namely MikaKnows.com (referred to as the “Website”).
The Company is committed to protecting your privacy and handling your data openly and transparently. The personal data we collect and the process will vary depending on how you use the Website.
- provides an overview of how the Company collects and processes your data and tells you about your rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);
- when we refer to “personal data” or “personal information,” we mean data that identifies or may identify you and which may include, for instance, your email or IP address;
- when we refer to “processing,” we mean the handling of your data by us, including collecting, protecting, and storing your personal data; and
- when we refer to “sensitive data,” we mean personal data which may reveal information about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union activities, physical or mental health, sexual life, and genetic or biometric data.
Who we are
MikaKnows is a limited liability company registered in the Republic of Cyprus under registration number HE 321215, having its registered office in Nicosia, Cyprus.
How we collect your personal data
We obtain your personal data mainly through any information you provide directly to us through our Website. Sometimes your personal data can also be shared with us, if for example you use an authentication system to Log in. Below is a list of ways we collect your personal data:
- when you visit and/or use our Website;
- when you complete our registration form;
- when you log in to our website using an authentication system;
- when you post materials or upload content;
- when you participate in chat sessions;
- when you take part in surveys or report a problem with our Website; and/or
- when you contact with us via email, post or other ways of communication.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect and process your personal data in order to provide you with our services and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to provide you with access to our Website and/or the services we offer. In this case, we may have to suspend your access to the Website or, if you are a Member, prohibit any access to non-public areas of the Website or restrict the operation of your account and the services we provide to you.
Where we need to collect and process your personal data in order to enable you to use our Website as a Model and you fail to provide that data when requested, we will not be able to provide you with final approval to appear on the Website or, if such approval was provided to you in the past, we may withdraw such approval and suspend the operation of your account.
Personal data that we collect and process
(a) Personal data we collect and process from Browsers
- Technical Data, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address and associated country, your browser type and version, time zone setting and location, smart device information, mobile phone network information, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website;
- Cookies including web beacons. For more information on the cookies we collect, please visit out Cookies Policy.
- User Submitted Data, including data collected for a specific function, for instance a contest or a survey;
- Communications and correspondence, including any correspondence between you and us and any other communication between you and anyone else on the Website, including customer service requests, emails and live chats.
- Consents, including any permissions, consents or preferences that you give to the Website.
(b) Personal data we collect and process from Members
- All personal data we collect from Browsers, set out in paragraph 4(a) above;
- Identity and Contact Data, including username or similar identifier, password, full name and email address. We may also collect your photo or video, if such is uploaded to your profile;
- Usage Data, including data about which products you use and purchase, all orders you place on the Website and all metrics and measurements regarding your orders, bids, advertisements, campaigns and any other of your activities on the Website.
- User Submitted Data, including data collected at your discretion for a specific function, for instance your username and password, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses, or any text, images, videos, blog posts, forum comments or other content or media you choose to upload on the Website.
- Financial and Transactional Information, including bank account, direct debit data, billing address and fund transfers and other details of products and services you have purchased or received from us; and
- Marketing Data, including preferences in receiving marketing from us, our affiliates and third-parties.
(c) Personal data we collect and process from Models
- All personal data we collect from Members, set out in paragraph 4(b) above;
- Identity and Contact Data, including stage name, your date of birth, your address, a valid government identification number (such as your identity or passport number) and a photo of yourself holding your identification document.
- User Submitted Data, including your likeness, performance, acts, poses and play, any musical, instrumental or sound effects and any dialogues you have with the users.
- Data generated during your use of the Website, including your performer ID and any screenshots we take from your video streams.
(d) Personal data we collect and process from Studio Operators who are natural persons
- All personal data we collect from Members, set out in paragraph 4(b) above; and
- Identity Data, including the name of the ultimate beneficial owner of a Studio Operator which is a corporate entity or of other officers of the Studio Operator which are disclosed to us from time to time. Where the Studio Operator is a natural person, we may also collect his identity document, but only if it is voluntarily uploaded on the Studio Operator’s account.
If you are a Browser or Member, we may process sensitive data in relation to your ethnic origin or your sexual orientation, provided that we have first obtained your explicit consent to do so. We will never request that you disclose your sexual orientation to us, however, we may infer such information from your use of the Website.
If you are a Model, we will process sensitive data in relation to your health or your racial or ethnic origin, provided that we have first obtained your explicit consent to do so. Please note if you refuse to provide your consent, or if you withdraw your consent to us collecting and processing such data, you may not be able to use, or continue using, your account on the Website.
Automated personal data collection
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect these data by using cookies and other similar technologies. We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities across third-party websites. Please see our Cookies Policy for further details.
Why we need your personal data and how we use it
We will most commonly use your personal data in the following circumstances:
b) where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
c) where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; and/or
d) where you have given us your consent.
Below, we describe these circumstances in further detail.
(a) Performance of our services to you
(1) Provision of services
We may collect and process your personal data where it is necessary in order to present our Website and its contents to you, including any interactive features on our Website and to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
Please note that if you do not agree to provide us with the requested information, it may not be possible for us to continue to operate your account and/or provide you with the services we provide to our Members.
(2) Customer management (Members Only)
We may collect and process your personal data where it is necessary in order to manage a Member’s account, to provide customer support and notices to Members about their account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, and inform you about any notices about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
(3) Model and Studio Operator Management
We may collect and process your personal data where it is necessary to administer our relationship with you, manage your account and provide you with support about your account, including expiration and renewal notices, and inform you about any changes to the Website that may affect the services that you provide to us.
(b) Legitimate interests
(1) Customization of content (Members Only)
We may collect and process your personal data where it is necessary in order to perform research and analysis about your use or, or interest in, our Website content and/or services, so as to develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Website.
We may collect and process your personal data where it is necessary in order to determine whether users of the Website are unique, or whether the same user is using the Website on multiple occasions, and to monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed and demographic patterns.
(3) Functionality and security
We may collect and process your personal data where it is necessary to diagnose or fix technology problems, and to detect, prevent, and respond to actual or potential fraud, illegal activities, or intellectual property infringement.
(c) For compliance with legal obligations
When you visit and/or use and/or register in our Website (and throughout your relationship with us), we are required to comply with certain legal and regulatory obligations which may involve the processing of your personal data. This may include processing to:
1) perform checks and comply with laws relating to fraud;
3) manage contentious regulatory matters, investigations and litigation.
(d) You have provided your consent
We will ask for your consent when we wish to provide marketing information to you in relation to our services which we believe may be of interest and of benefit to you, but only where you are a Browser.
You have the right to revoke your consent at any time. However, any processing of personal data prior to the receipt of your revocation will not be affected.
No Error Free Performance